1. CONTEST DURATION
The COBS Bread – Take the Buns Pledge (hereinafter, the “Contest”) is being held by COBS Bread, also known as BD Canada Ltd. (hereinafter, the “Sponsor”). The Contest starts on or around 12:00:01 p.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on June 7, 2016 and ends on or about 11:59 p.m. PT on July 20, 2016 (the “Contest Period”).
The Contest is only open to legal residents of Canada only, excluding Quebec, who are nineteen (19) years of age and older at the time they enter the Contest. Employees of COBS Bread, and its parent, subsidiary, or affiliated companies, their advertising and promotion agencies, or their other representatives or agents, and their immediate family members and anyone with whom they are living with, are not eligible to enter or win the contest. “Immediate family” means parents, siblings, children, spouses. Participants must have valid identification and/or documentation in order to be eligible to win the prize. To be admissible, entries must be received within the Contest Period and all eligible entries will be entered into a random draw. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
3. PARTICIPATION – HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST
No purchase necessary. Entries may be made:
- Online: by fully completing COBS Bread entry form on the COBS Bread contest website and agreeing to the Contest Rules & Regulations. Only one entry per person via online form.
- Additional Entries: Upon entry to the contests, entrants will receive a unique URL which they can share; entrants will receive additional entries for referring valid and successful entrants into the contest.
COBS Bread is not responsible for lost entries. Receiving COBS Bread’s e-newsletter does not improve the odds to win a prize in the contest.
Participants making multiple entries, other than via referral, will be disqualified. Only fully completed entries will be accepted and eligible for entry into the contest. Entries that are fraudulent are not permitted and will be declared invalid. All entries become the property of COBS Bread and will not be acknowledged or returned. Any attempt at invalid referral entries will disqualify the entrant from the contest.
4. THE PRIZE
- There is one prize to be given away at the end of the contest
- The prize will consist of one (1) Napoleon Portable Grill (approximate retail value $299), and an accessories package (approximate retail value $125) that includes a carry bag, multi-tool set and 2-sided griddle.
- The colour will be at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor.
- The Sponsor and its associates make no express or implied warranties or conditions of any kind with respect to safety, appearance or performance of the Grand Prize or prize activity offered. Odds of winning a will depend on the number of entrants.
- Prizes are non-transferable, cannot be substituted, may not be sold, combined with any other offer or redeemed for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Grand Prize or a portion of the Grand Prize for a prize of equal value for whatever reason.
5. PRIZE DRAW AND CLAIMING
- The Contest will run Monday June 7, 2016 until Wednesday, July 20, 2016. The Contest winner will be drawn randomly from eligible entries to be held on or around Thursday, July 21, 2016 at the COBS Bread Support Office. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
- Following the draw, the selected entrant will be contacted by telephone number or email address provided in the entrant’s Contest entry form.
- In order to be declared a winner, the selected entrant must:
- correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question; and
- sign a declaration stating that he/she:
- has read, understands and complies with the Contest Rules;
- releases and discharges COBS Bread, the Contest organizers and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates; and
- Consents to the announcement of the winner’s name and the use by or on behalf of COBS Bread of the winner’s name, address, photograph, likeness, voice or statements for advertising and promotional purposes without any further compensation to the winner.
- Should the selected entrant fail to comply with any of the requirements set out in Section 2 and 3, the prize will be automatically forfeited and another entrant will be selected by random draw.
- The chances of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
The following conditions apply to the prize:
- All costs not specifically stated as being part of the prize will be at the sole expense of the winners.
- The winner will have five (5) business days to respond to prize notification. If a winner does not respond via e-mail or phone within five (5) business of the COBS Bread sending notification, the prize will be forfeited. COBS Bread is not responsible for lost emails or voicemails.
- COBS Bread reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute the prize or any portion thereof for another prize of equal or greater value, or its monetary equivalent.
- Entrants (i) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements and, (ii) agree to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor and contest administrator, made in their sole discretion, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest. Entrants who have not complied with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification.
- Entrants and/or winners assume liability for injuries caused, or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest, or by the acceptance, possession, or use of any prize awarded, including but not limited to claims/damages for personal injury, or property damage.
In order to be declared a winner, the selected participants must both authorize COBS Bread, and its representatives, to use his/her first and last name, city and province of residence, photograph, image, video, voice, and comments for advertising purposes in any and all media, without any additional compensation, remuneration or reparation whatsoever.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS
All Entries received will become the property of COBS Bread and will not be returned. Proof of submitting an Entry will not be deemed proof of receipt.
The winners must abide by these Rules.
By entering the Contest participants agree to be bound by these Rules and any subsequent amendment(s) made by COBS Bread, and agree to be bound by the decisions of COBS Bread, which shall be considered final, binding and irrevocable in all aspects relating to the Contest.
The selected participants must supply, on demand, official proof of age to COBS Bread and all other Contest partners.
If the identity of a participant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the participant. For the purpose of these Rules, “authorized account holder” of an email address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
Any false declaration by a participant, or failure to comply with these Rules will result in automatic disqualification of the participant and forfeiture of any prize.
COBS Bread collects personal information about participants for the purposes of administering the Contest and contacting selected participants or as permitted or required by law. By supplying said information, participants consent to its use for these purposes.
COBS Bread shall not be held responsible for any error or omission related to the printing or advertising of this Contest.
COBS Bread, its affiliates, administrators, partners, directors, employees, agents and representatives (the “Released Parties”) shall not be held liable for defective functioning of any computer hardware or software, lines of communication, or network communications related to the loss or absence of network communications or any other defective, incomplete, incomprehensible or erased transmission via any computer, network or server that could limit or render impossible the capacity for any person to participate in the Contest. The Released Parties assume no responsibility or liability for lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete Entries, Releases, notifications, responses, or replies.
The Released Parties are hereby totally absolved of any responsibility for any damage or loss that could be directly or indirectly caused in part or in whole by uploading or downloading any software or information including the transmission of any information related to participating in the Contest.
By participating in this Contest, attempting to do so, or accepting the prize, all participants agree to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all liability, including without limitation, for any loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense, personal injury and/or death, which may occur in connection with participant’s participation in the Contest, or possession, acceptance, participation and/or use or misuse of the prize and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. COBS Bread is not responsible if Contest cannot take place or if any element of the prize does not take place or cannot be awarded due to reasons outside of COBS Bread’s control including weather.
All participants hereby agree not to deliberately interrupt or corrupt the smooth running of the Contest, not to stop other people from participating in the Contest, and not to interfere with the legitimate running of the Contest. Furthermore, they agree not to, in any way, act contrary to the Rules with the understanding that any such act shall result in automatic disqualification of the participant and that he or she may be prosecuted under the full force of the law at COBS Bread’s discretion.
The use or reproduction of any copyright material or trademark related to this Contest is strictly prohibited, except with the prior express written consent of the rights holder.
In the event that an authority with jurisdiction declares any portion of these Rules invalid, illegal or unenforceable, said judgement shall not in any way affect any other aspect of these Rules, which shall remain valid and in effect. This Contest is void where prohibited by law.
COBS Bread is an operating division of Bakers Delight Holdings Ltd.