Napoleon Grills Feature Recipe: Using ground brisket instead of regular ground beef, this recipe elevates your your meatball sub to another level!
Courtesy of Napoleon Grills
- 6 COBS Bread Gourmet Hot Dog Bun
- 1 lb. freshly ground brisket or sirloin
- 1 small, palm sized, onion, grated
- 1 clove of garlic, grated
- 2 tbsp. Montreal steak spice
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- Gourmet barbecue sauce, pick your favorite or try one of these sauces
- Sliced swiss cheese, lettuce, and horseradish mayo for serving
Chill the meat until it’s as cold as possible without being frozen. Using your hands, mix the onion, garlic, steak spice, and chili powder into the meat. Form into 1½-inch balls and lay them out on waxed paper.
Chill the meatballs in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before grilling. This is a great time to start preheating your grill to medium-high, around 400°F and getting the other ingredients ready for assembling.
Grill the meatballs over direct heat for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until an instant read thermometer reads 165°F.
Toss the meatballs in a gourmet barbecue sauce of your choice, and then assemble your delicious meatball subs. Nestle those delicious morsels in lettuce and cheese, topping with some horseradish mayo for a kick. Don’t worry if things get a little messy, that gourmet hot dog bun can take it.